Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby its cold outside!

Being from the south I know my idea of freezing cold is what most people would consider a cool day which is exactly why I prefer to layer up with a cardigan than wear a coat but this year things are feeling much colder than before.   As I posted in my previous blog I've recently taken up crocheting as a hobby and I'm really enjoying it.  Something about working with yarn just feels season appropriate and it helps that you can quickly whip out a blanket or scarf to help combat the shivers.  This weekend was no exception as I found myself shivering in the wind and a Joann's just a few minutes away ... it also didn't hurt that I had a coupon and they had yarn that screamed my name louder than anything I've ever seen before.  After watching a few tutorials on YouTube I set out to make my very own scoodie.   For those unaware scoodie are scarves with hoods and sometimes pockets/mittens. Why yes an all in one cold weather accessory that won't mess up your hair like a hat!

It took almost 3 skeins of yarn and about 5 hours to complete the whole thing and I am absolutely in love with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment