Friday, September 27, 2013

Work, work, work!

I've been buzzing all over the place like a  little worker bee recently.   The pile of projects continues to grow, unlike the hours in a day but c'est la vie!  For the past week I've done some sewing in the form of a denim apron for my brother-in-law which is 90% completed (I'm too scared to cut a split in it), a block of stacked coins made from all the orange fabric in my stash, and a small amount of embroidery.  

Other than that I've been working on a bit of the electronic side of the wonderful world of crafting.  I finally bought myself an inkjet printer which means I'll be able to print designs directly on fabric, which also means I need to begin learning design programs in hopes to create my own embroidery designs or be super lazy and just print then sew. 

Also thanks to the new printer I was able to download some new sewing patterns and actually spent last night putting one together in hopes to make my own Halloween costume.  I've tried following patterns before (purse) and didn't do so great as I basically said "I got this" and sewed things together without following directions ... lesson learned as it still sits unfinished in my craft room.  But I'm planning on doing better this time around as the idea of looking like someone from Once Upon a Time that just stepped out of the enchanted forest  sounds delightful! Hopefully I'll get the first part finished soon so I can check the fit before finishing the costume up ... I should diy a dress form one of these days but with an ever changing body size I'd hate to make one then gain or lose weight.  Oy the life of a crafter and the desire to make everything with your own hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment