Monday, May 19, 2014

Busy bee

For the past few years I've spent a large portion of my time in April and May to assist with a music festival,  Roots Fest.   This year is the 8th annual festival and my 7th one attending to help promote local and regional performers and artists.  If you happen to be in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area swing by Cherokee Farms in LaFayette, GA this weekend ... tickets are discounted currently on www.roots-fest.com.

Anyways this year I have finally felt completely aware of all weather types to be prepared for and have done as much crafting as possible in preparation ... thrifty should be my middle name.  Since last year was a flood, quite literally, I have had to come up with tarp designs to prevent soggy tent and allow standing room outside of my tent and even worked on a rug, of sorts, to allow muddy shoes to dry.  I have also attempted to be a healthier camper this year so much cooking will be happening this week ... roasted chickpeas, kale chips, baked tortilla chips, granola, and who knows what else I will find the time to make.  There is also the thing of needing much sleep while camping, which the DJs playing until 4am and the sun rising at 6:30am doesn't allow. So of course some more crafting was done ...

crocheted rope rug
tore my hands up and isn't perfect but it'll do
padded extra thick eyemask for a friend
and one for me

What kind of must have crafts do you take with you camping?  

No comments:

Post a Comment