Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Playing dress up

I love costumes!  I'm one of those people that wears "costumes" on random Tuesdays just for fun ... blue gingham tank top check, red lip gloss check, white cardigan check, today I'm Dorothy! Because I've never lost my childish enthusiasm to play dress up Halloween has always been a favorite holiday of mine.

This year I decided to use my new found passion of machine sewing by making my very own costume.   Years before I would buy these poor fitting cheaply made things for way more than they were worth and let's just say that began to aggravate me.  As a kid all I would ever wear were costumes my ma would make: black kitty, princess, hillbilly, sock hop-er, and you get my drift.  So making the leap as an adult really wasn't that far for me.

The final result wasn't exact to the pattern,  some errors were discovered at the end of the night, and I rushed the overdress but I'm still rather proud of what I accomplished. Snow White has never looked so voluptuous!

Snow White with her bff Joan Holloway
Princess selfie

1 comment: